Coffee Break, HAN’s daily Connecticut news show, airs weekday mornings at 11 a.m. at live.HAN.Network, and is hosted by Kate Czaplinski. You can watch it on-demand later or see video below.
This week we debut our first interview on chronic pain with experts at Silver Hill Hospital. We will be running interviews all September, as part of Pain Awareness Month.
Below are some of the stories we are following on Tuesday, Sept. 6:
A Ridgefield football player was sent to the hospital last Wednesday night after a fight between two groups of students — one from Ridgefield and one from Wilton.
Authorities say a New Haven police officer shot a man who had rammed police cruisers after committing two robberies.
West Haven police found around 600 marijuana plants growing in the backyard of a day care, police said.
A traffic stop by state police for speeding ended with three arrests after the occupants were found to be in possession of forged credit cards.
Metro-North commuters, including those on the Danbury branch line and Shoreline East trains, can sign a petition opposing the proposed 5% fare increase scheduled to take effect on Dec. 1. For Metro-North commuters, the fare hike would be combined with a previously scheduled 1% increase, making the increase 6% in total.
A Stamford couple were arrested in New Canaan after allegedly causing problems at an event in New Canaan on Friday.
With funds nearing $82,000 for a local teenager with a brain tumor, a Milford hair salon fundraiser is planned to help close the gap on $100,000 sought to help the family with medical bills.
Explorer, international documentary photographer and Wilton resident Daryl Hawk touched down in the capital city of Havana on April 18 and set off on a 2,700-mile quest across Cuba to capture the soul of the once-estranged island nation.